Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday How-To {Make a Fringe Scarf}

This DIY fringe scarf was such a fun find on our favorite past-time website Pinterest. we couldn't wait to try this project, and when we discovered how easy it was, we couldn't wait to share it!!

I personally snagged an un-wanted t-shirt from my boyfriends closet, but buying a cheap $7.00 tank from Target's Men's section is also a great option. The bigger the t-shirt the bigger the scarf, so keep that in mind when picking the right one. The other thing you will need to decide is what color you want your scarf to be. I picked  a basic gray for mine, because I knew it would play back with most of my tops in my wardrobe. If you need a pick-me-up with your basic neutrals, than pick a fun color that will be a nice pop of color.

Step 1: Cut the t-shirt right below the armpit creating a solid box.
Step 2: Cut small strips from the edge to about 1/3 of the way up the fabric.
Optional Step 2 ( for over-sized t-shirts): Cut small strips on the opposite side from the edge to about 1/3 of the way up the fabric. This will leave 1/3 of solid fabric in the middle. This will create a double fringe effect when worn around your neck. This also looks best on over-sized t-shirts only.
Step 3: Pull each strand to give it the curl effect.
Step 4. Wrap around your neck. If you t-shirt was extra over-sized, doubling the scarf looks best.

Shop Now: vivadivaboutique.com

1 comment:

  1. I have been racking my brain for the perfect accessory to compliment one of my dresses and this is going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete